Roles and Responsibilities of Trustees
Time & Location
About The Event
This course is suitable for trustees (or anyone responsible for managing and running a charity) of charitable organisations including registered charities and CIOs. We ask staff to consider attending a seperate session to trustees from their own organisation.
This session will help charity trustees to fully understand what they need to know and what they need to do. Charity trustees are the people who share ultimate responsibility for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run. They may be called: trustees, the board, the management committee, governors, directors or something else but they all have specific duties and responsibilities.
- Role and Responsibilities of Trustees.
- Overview of charitable status and what this means for trustees.
- Legal Duties of Trustees.
- Understanding collective responsibility and conflict of interest.
- Good practice and working effectively.
- Where to go for more help and advice.