Money Management for Trustees (Finance is not just for the Treasurer) - *£10 course
Time & Location
About The Event
Trainer: Rhys North - WYCAS
In the past you may have seen or heard articles in the press:
“The trustees of Kids Company were “negligent” and ignored repeated warnings about the organisation’s financial health” (Financial Times)
“Charity trustees must engage with and use finance guidance from the regulator if they are to run their charities effectively, the Charity Commission tells charity trustees today”. (Charity Commission)
This course will help trustees feel confident requesting information, asking questions and meeting relevant reporting requirements. The course is aimed at all trustees, both new and experienced, and there will be plenty of opportunities for discussion.
- Are you aware of the financial guidance provided by the Charity Commission and what it means?
- Are you confident that you understand your financial and related reports?
- Do you know how (or if) your budget is produced?
- Do you know what policies and procedures on finance are required?
Following this training session you will have a better understanding of:
- What questions should be asked on the accounts
- Why the presentation and style of your reports is important
- Key features on reports, can you spot any trends or potential problems
- Key features on developing a budget
- Why you need financial policies and procedures
- How to develop and use a reserves policy
- What to do in the case of insolvency