Designated Safeguarding Officer - 28th September 2021
Time & Location
About The Event
This course is those already in the role of Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) or Safeguarding Lead and those interested in undertaking this role in their organisation. It will help the DSO to understand the role and how to respond to safeguarding concerns.
It will cover:
- The role and main responsibilities of the DSO
- Understanding your own values and principles and the impact of these on professional practice
- Describing the key legislation and guidance that determines your organisation’s policy
- Deciding what steps your organisation needs to take
- Identifying the barriers that prevent people from reporting abuse
- Knowing how to respond effectively to reports of abuse
- Understanding the process should a staff member/volunteer be accused of abuse
- Developing an awareness of the emotional impact of safeguarding
- Identifying a network for personal support
- Talking about your organisation’s overarching policy and procedures
Please note this is NOT an course that is suitable for those requiring an introduction to safeguarding or who are new to safeguarding. Attendees will have a good basic understanding of safeguarding and be interested in taking a lead role in their organisation or already leading for their organisation.
This course is subsided by Bradford Council and the National Lottery Community Fund. It is only open to groups that operate in Bradford District.
Maximum 2 per organisation per course. If you have more than 2 who need this training or if you are interested in the course but cannot attend on 28th September please email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we are aware of demand for future courses.