Basic Bookkeeping Using Excel
Time & Location
About The Event
Using the in-house WYCAS cashbook, learn how to set up a basic bookkeeping system that allows you to easily record income and expenditure, and to report on restricted and unrestricted funds. This course is run by WYCAS Assistant Accountant, Sarah Coates.
This course will teach you how to:
- Set up the spreadsheet
- Enter transactions onto the spreadsheet, with categories of income and expenditure, restricted funds, bank and cash accounts
- Reconcile the bank balance to bank statements
- Produce finance reports for in year reporting
We will teach you how to use the WYCAS cashbook, (which you can then download for free), which has been developed over many years to provide a simple, effective system for small charitable organisations and social enterprises etc.
What you will need:
- Access to a computer with Excel software
- A basic ability to use a spreadsheet