See below for our training calendar of courses we are providing, you will be redirected to the booking site which has more information and an online booking system. For the Voluntary Action Leeds courses please note that you will be redirected to the VAL website (Doing Good Leeds) and charged at the VAL Essentials rate.
- Positiveley Dealing with StressWed, Feb 03Online Zoom Course
- How to Campaign for Change in a PandemicFri, Feb 05Online Zoom CourseFeb 05, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PMOnline Zoom CourseThis workshop focuses on how to create change from start to finish in a challenging environment. We explore how to plan and deliver a successful campaign. Following a step by step plan, we learn from successful models as used by charities and political organisations and use PEST analysis.
- Using Zoom for Effective MeetingsThu, Feb 11Online Zoom CourseFeb 11, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PMOnline Zoom CourseThis session will focus on the different ways that Zoom can be used to make meetings more efficient and effective. Each person in the session will have the opportunity to take over as 'host' and facilitate the group. We will also review the options in Settings that can be set up in advance.
- Motivating and Retaining VolunteersMon, Feb 15Online Zoom CourseFeb 15, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PMOnline Zoom CourseThis training is split over 2 days. You will need to attend both sessions. If you recognise these phrases “Oh no - I've got to put time to one side for interviews again” or “If only we could keep our volunteers longer” then this course is for you. Learn about how to motivate volunteers.
- Organising the Volunteer ProgrammeThu, Feb 18Online Zoom CourseFeb 18, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PMOnline Zoom CoursePlease note, this training is split over 2 days. You will need to attend both sessions. Before you recruit volunteers, you need to have policies and procedures that are compliant with the law, clear task descriptions with a plan for volunteer development.
- Understanding LeadershipTue, Feb 23Online Zoom CourseFeb 23, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM GMTOnline Zoom CourseA key part of my leadership training is enabling people to understand they already have the skills to be great leaders and that leadership isn't something that is out of their reach. It focuses on their journey to leadership and how that journey has made them qualified to lead and create change.
- Public SpeakingThu, Feb 25Online Zoom CourseFeb 25, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PMOnline Zoom CourseThis training is designed for people who would like to learn the basic skills of public speaking and learn practical tips on how to be a better public speaker. During this day-long course, we explore the nature of public speaking and how to identify what type of public speaker everyone is.
- Attracting and Recruiting VolunteersThu, Mar 04Online Zoom CourseMar 04, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PMOnline Zoom CoursePlease note, this training is split over 2 days. You will need to attend both sessions. Recruiting volunteers can often be an expensive, time-consuming and frustrating responsibility. Learn to attract applicants with the skills and expertise you need by applying the principles of marketing.
- How to register as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)Mon, Mar 08Online Zoom CourseMar 08, 11:00 AM – 12:15 PMOnline Zoom CourseThis session will be delivered by Hayley Marsden and Joanna Blackman from Wrigleys Solicitors, and will cover a broad overview of matters to be aware of when planning to register your charity as a CIO with the Charity Commission, including CIO model documents and creating your charitable objects.
- Supporting, Supervising and Developing VolunteersThu, Mar 18Online Zoom CourseMar 18, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PMOnline Zoom CoursePlease note, this training is split over 2 days. You will need to attend both sessions. Volunteers are more likely to stay with your organisation if they are enabled to develop their skills and confidence and to take on more responsibility. Learn how to maximise the value of volunteer effort.
- Volunteers and the LawThu, Apr 01Online Zoom CourseApr 01, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PMOnline Zoom CoursePlease note, this training is split over 2 days. You will need to attend both sessions. Legislation relating to volunteer programmes is very different from employment law. This session aims to ensure you know the essentials when co-ordinating a volunteer programme, and how to avoid those pitfalls.