See below for our training calendar of courses we are providing, you will be redirected to the booking site which has more information and an online booking system. For the Voluntary Action Leeds courses please note that you will be redirected to the VAL website (Doing Good Leeds) and charged at the VAL Essentials rate.
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07419 133797.
- Tue, Oct 19Online Zoom CourseOct 19, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PMOnline Zoom CourseRecruiting volunteers can often be an expensive, time-consuming and frustrating responsibility. Attract applicants with the skills and expertise you need by applying the principles of marketing, ensuring your organisation appeals to those looking for volunteering opportunities and developing a more
- Wed, Oct 20Bradford
- Wed, Oct 20Online Zoom CourseOct 20, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PMOnline Zoom CourseIn our sector we are facing a challenging landscape which can often lead to us dealing with increased workloads and stress. This course is designed to take a practical look at what stress is and how we can deal with in in positive ways in our workplaces. This is not about eliminating stress...
- Wed, Oct 20Online Zoom Course
- Thu, Oct 21Online Zoom CourseOct 21, 12:00 PM – Oct 22, 4:00 PMOnline Zoom CourseThe course will look at racism in all it’s forms, it’s impact on its victims and what organisations can do to be more diverse and work toward an equitable system and structures withing their organisations, it will cover micro aggression, unconscious bias and cultural competence and include...
- Thu, Oct 21GirlingtonOct 21, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PMGirlington, Girlington Rd, Girlington Rd, Girlington, Bradford BD8 9NN, UKAs part of a campaign run by Bradford for Everyone, Community Action is running some training for voluntary sector organisations on critical thinking. The “Make Sure it Adds up Campaign” is designed to get Bradford to stop, think and consider before sharing uncertain information.
- Tue, Oct 26Re:Centre
- Tue, Nov 02Online Zoom Course
- Wed, Nov 03Online Zoom CourseNov 03, 9:30 AM – 4:00 PMOnline Zoom CourseThis course looks at the initial alert and the decision making process in deciding to make a referral, taking into consideration consent and capacity of the alleged vulnerable adult, keeping them at the centre of the decision making process. How and who to refer to and the different types of respons
- Wed, Nov 03Online Zoom CourseNov 03, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMOnline Zoom CourseThis is a FREE online course for charities that are based in Bradford District. Find out how to apply for small grants (up to £10,000). We'll look at example answers to bid questions and talk top tips for successful grant applications. Suitable for beginners, no prior knowledge needed.
- Wed, Nov 10Online Zoom Course
- Tue, Nov 16Online Zoom CourseNov 16, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PMOnline Zoom CourseIf you recognise these phrases: “Oh no – I’ve got to put time to one side for interviews again” “If only we could keep our volunteers longer…” or “She keeps giving excuses for not turning up or leaving early – what do I do?” … then this course is for you.
- Tue, Nov 16ReCentreNov 16, 9:30 AM – Nov 17, 5:00 PMReCentre, Richmond Rd, Bradford BD7 1DP, UKThis course is designed to refresh the currently qualified First Aider with the necessary knowledge and skills to give life support, manage and treat injuries until medical assistance arrives. Participants must have a current First Aid at Work Certificate in order to do this course.
- Wed, Nov 17Online Zoom CourseNov 17, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM GMTOnline Zoom CourseA key part of my leadership training is enabling people to understand that they already have the skills to be great leaders and that leadership isn’t something that is out of their reach. It focuses on their journey to leadership and how that journey has made them qualified to lead and create...
- Wed, Nov 17Online Zoom CourseNov 17, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMOnline Zoom CourseThis is a FREE course for organisations or individuals based in the Bradford District. This is a new training programme designed to help organisations become more enterprising. The main aim of this course is to support and mentor those in business, looking to begin trading.
- Thu, Nov 18Bradford
- Tue, Nov 23Re:Centre
- Wed, Nov 24Online Zoom CourseNov 24, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PMOnline Zoom CourseThe course will offer a basic understanding of your responsibilities towards both Children’s and Adult Safeguarding. It will outline your responsibilities in law and processes and procedures that are important to follow to keep people safe. The course will encourage discussion using real life...